Although none of you will probably read this before my race is over, but you can wish me luck in retrospect and that should still work, right? Hopefully. :)
Anyway, my race is tomorrow morning. I ran a practice run outside yesterday to see what I could do outside without the help (or hinderance, as the case may be) of the treadmill. What I hadn't counted on was the fact that the road is much harder than my cushy air-padded treadmill, not to mention having to turn and deal with different grades and variations in the road. So, the long and short of it is, my legs are really sore today. I've had ice on them and I'm going to put a hot pad on them for a little while tonight. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.
The other factor that I'm worried about is the forecast for tomorrow. Cold with a 30% chance of rain. So, I did some research and I feel like I'm mildly prepared to deal with the elements tomorrow.
By the way, my time yesterday was 32:10. :D We'll see how tomorrow's run compares.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
GOOD LUCK!
I need to remember to run on the cement before my triathalon, thanks!
There was a pretty beastly uphill part of the run, but I only walked through the worst part of it. Luckily, it didn't rain and it was even a couple of degrees warmer than the forecast said, so it wasn't too bad.
I made it in 32:47, but according to my GPS watch, we only ran 3 miles instead of 3.1, so it wasn't a full 5K. But who's counting? :)
Post a Comment