I have a few carbs I like to use for my snacks throughout the day.
Fruit. One of the best is just a plain, whole piece of fruit. Pears and apples are my favorites.
Yogurt. I buy the fat free yoplait packs.
Whole wheat toast. I like to spread a little bit of apple butter or something on it, but I keep it to a really thin layer.
Oatmeal with raisins. I probably shouldn't put the raisins in to be a true BFL approved carb, but it's so much better with raisins! And it's way better than dousing it in brown sugar.
Rice Cake. There are some really yummy flavors, and they're even better with a thin layer of peanut butter - we don't use anything but the original, trans-fat-free Adams at our house. One trick I've learned is to stir the oil in and then put it in the fridge so the oil never separates out. You only have to stir each jar once. Sweet!
Give me more suggestions, please! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My mom just introduced Wasa crackers (also called crispbread) to me a couple weeks ago and I'm hooked. They're like a cross between a piece of bread and a cracker and they're made of rye. You can buy them at the Good Earth(though they're like a dollar cheaper at IKEA). At first, I was like, "This looks kinda bland" and they are if you don't put anything on them. But I just put a little peanut butter and maybe a little honey on them and they're soooo good and crunchy. And there's only like fifteen carbs in two of them. A lot of the time I have that instead of bread. My mom says they're also really good with hummus, but I haven't tried that yet (beans are a protein - I don't know if beans are authorized for BFL - does hummus count?). Anyway, long post, but I thought I'd share.
I love sweet potatoes. My favorite way to prepare them is to peel and boil until soft. Then I mash, and add a bit of orange juice and pumpkin pie seasoning. So yummy!
Here I am again - all about the carbs, a little clueless about proteins. Anyway, have you guys tried Dee's Cereal? It's this really healthy mix of oats, groats (don't know exactly what those are, but they're in there), buckwheat, flaxseed, sunflower seeds, and a bunch of other stuff. It also has raisins in it, but I agree with Jennifer, it adds the sweetness instead of tons of brown sugar. Plus, the serving size is just right for the carb BFL serving. You just cook it up like oatmeal. My father-in-law (my own personal BFL success story) swears by the stuff. Plus it keeps you full for a while. I bought my bag at the Good Earth (in the refrigerated section, by the eggs), though it may be available in other places.
Post a Comment