Monday, March 24, 2008

Proteins

I have a bad habit of reaching for a protein drink once or twice a day because I just can't think of a protein to add to my carb and I just don't want to try and figure it out.

So I thought I'd let you guys know what some of my favorite protein snacks are and maybe you could all list some of yours.

Costco Salmon Patties. Now, I'm NOT a fish person. But Costco has these hamburger-type patties made of salmon that are actually really good. They come in a bag in the frozen food section and I just pull one out, stick it on the George Foreman for 4-5 minutes, and it's ready to go. Yum.

Eggs. I like to fry a couple of eggs. Sometimes I take one of the yolks out to bring the fat content down. Seriously, I was shocked when I looked online at how much fat is in the yoke compared to the white. So I take the one yolk that's left, pop it, and spread it around in the whites so there's some yummy yolk goodness in every bite.

This is sad, but those are the only two I can really think of that are just protein alone. I'll post another post for carbs and for protein/carb combos. Help me out with your go-to protein ideas.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

String cheese, eggs and zone bars...