Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My reply to Dani...

This started out as a comment, but it got so long, I thought I better just make it a post.

I found the book to be essential, really. I would recommend at least reading it once through before you start.

I find the excel spreadsheets really helpful. You can download them here in either PDF or excel format and print them off. I plan my meals ahead of time with the nutrition one and the exercise one helps me track what exercises I've done for each of the muscle groups and what size weights I used, and whether that was too much or not enough, etc., so I'm more prepared for the next time I work those muscles.

I didn't want to rely on protein bars or drinks, etc., but sometimes, you just don't know what to eat or you don't have time, or you're not home every 3 hours to make a meal, so I end up buying those things for the occasional snack. Right now, we're using Atkins drinks and adding a carb with it, just because that's the kind Jaron got used to when he was doing the Atkins diet years ago (Chocolate Royale is the best flavor if you go that way, but Strawberry is good, too, if you think of it as strawberry milk). I also buy Zone bars because they have the same basic balance of protein and carbs, and I like the flavors they have better (I don't really like their chocolate kinds. I usually buy the fruity kinds). We also buy a protein powder - the EAS 100% Whey, chocolate flavor.

So, that's my thoughts in a nutshell. Okay, so it was the shell of a pretty big nut. :D

Good luck, whatever you decide to do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I think I have my husband talked into it. So I'm off to find the books and get my plan all set up. I think I'll wait until Monday though, to give me time to read and shop. So I will be 2 weeks behind ya'll but I'm way excited!!!