Since I was talking about protein powder below, I thought I'd elaborate on what I use it for.
I've eaten the same breakfast almost every day for the last 6 years, which consists of
- a scoop of protein powder (EAS 100% Whey, Chocolate flavor)
- a few frozen strawberries
- 1/3 - 1/2 of a frozen banana (I peel them, break them into pieces, and freeze them ahead of time because having them frozen makes the shake thicker)
- various other frozen fruits and berries. (I vary it for variety)
- I also throw in a teaspoon or so of fish oil. (I use the lemon flavored variety, but even when I was using various flax and fish oils, you can't really taste it in the shake because there are just so many other flavors in there)
- I put in just enough water to get it to come together in the blender, usually in the neighborhood of 8 oz.
Since it seemed BFL-ish, I just kept that as my breakfast after I started the program.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jennifer, I have one of those Magic Bullet blenders, like on the infomercial. It is awesome for protein shakes or smoothies. It also grinds up flaxseed really well too. I saw them for sale at Costco, $45 - $50.
Post a Comment