Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I'm hungry

I'm hungry today. Really hungry. I just ate my 300 calorie lunch and it just ain't cutting it today. I'm eyeing the apple that I brought for my mid-afternoon snack, but if I eat that now I have 6 long hours before I can eat again.

Help! What are some great low-cal snacks that help curb your cravings?

5 comments:

Savage Family said...

Drink a huge glass of water and see if that helps!! I also chew extra free gum 5 calories per stick when I need something sweet. Try a string cheese with a slice of turkey wrapped around it.

Jenn said...

One thing I love about BFL is that, even though the meals are small, you get to eat one every 3 hours or so. I agree with Heather - drinking about 16 oz of water with each of the 6 meals really was a big part of what keeps the cravings away for me. Good luck!

Stephanie F. said...

I like the steamfresh frozen peas, they come in a single serve bag that you stick in the microwave. Eating something with fiber is supposed to make you feel full longer (a serving of peas has 4g of fiber). I heard the other day that most of the time when you feel hungry you are really dehydrated, so I agree with Heather & Jennifer, drink a big glass of water, if you are still hungry eat something.

Stephanie F. said...

I keep laughing at myself for telling you to eat peas as a good snack. I don't know why that seems funny to me, it's really what I use for a snack sometimes.
I also sometimes eat half of a Clif Bar (peanut butter ones are really good), and that seems more like a snack :)

Christie said...

Thanks girls. I try never to go longer than 3 hours between meals too. I don't do actual BFL, but I do follow lots of the principles. But sometimes the 200-300 calories meals just don't cut it. KWIM?

Oh - and Stephanie - the peas sounded yummy!