Thanks so much for letting me join this blog - even though I'm not following BFL and I've moved out of the ward now (I still work in Lehi though, so I still feel like I belong). But I am following my own diet and exercise program as I try to lose weight. I actually tried BFL a couple of years ago, and I could NOT do it. Those of you who are successful are my heros!!
What I am doing, is trying to follow a 1500 calories per day diet. I limit processed foods and try to eat whole grains and fresh foods. The biggest thing for me is NO sugar - I'm such a sweet-tooth. I also try and drink only water. I do have one day a week where I can splurge, so I guess its like BFL in that way.
My strong point is definitely exercise. Last year I started running by following the Couch to 5k in 9 weeks program. While I'm still a slow runner, I love it! I run 5 days a week, for a total of about 20 miles per week right now. And I'm actually training to run the 1/2 marathon next month at the Salt Lake City Marathon.
So, you're probably wondering why I wanted to join this group, since it already sounds like I have a plan. Well - I need encouragement. I love to eat - and I'm constantly feeling like I"m hungry and depriving myself or I'm splurging and feeling incredibly guilty for it. I also need some good ideas for meals on the run. I don't get home from work until after 6pm, and its so hard to find something healthy for the family when they're all starving by that time of night.
I'm also a slow loser. I've seriously been considering getting my thyroid checked or something, because I feel like I should be losing more weight than I have been. Some days I get so discouraged. Believe it or not, I actually GAINED 3 pounds this week. I'm hoping that its water weight because of my monthly visit from "aunt flo" - that hope is the only thing keeping me from eating everything in sight.
My goal is still to lose 25 more pounds and to get rid of my "muffin top". (Oh how I hate the muffin top).
Friday, March 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm linds sis. I'm not a BFL er either, but I am trying to workout, eat right and loose weight. I have always considered myself a non-runner. Meaning, I just don't have the endurance. I feel almost asthmatic when I run, but apparently I am not the only one. Thanks for the tip on the couch to 5K, I think I may try that in a couple weeks when I have been on a more regular workout schedule.
Lou-
You can add me if you want, don't know that I will have much to say, but I will check back for support and ideas.
I am with you on the muffin top! It sucks but we will get rid of it!!!
Dani, I'd be happy to add you. I need to know your email address. Either have Lindsay email it to me, or post it on here somewhere. If you're not comfortable having your address out on the 'net, you can delete the comment after I've sent you the invite.
I have a Costco sized muffin top :(
Post a Comment