Tuesday, March 11, 2008

BFL Recipe

OK, I don't know how many of you have the BFL cookbook, I personally think it is a must have with this diet. But if you don't, I made this recipe for dinner out of the cookbook (pg. 289) and it was fab! Very filling, in fact Daren and I both felt like it was a little indulgent it was so good.

1lb lean ground turkey
1 can chili beans in chili sauce
5 cups romaine lettuce chopped
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tomato diced
4 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup light sour cream
4 oz baked tortilla chips

I didn't follow the recipe to a "T". I put taco seasoning in with the ground turkey, and I just eyed the lettuce to what seemed like a good amount. (seriously, how bad could a bunch of lettuce be?) I put on about 2/3 a cup of turkey mixture on top, about 1/4 cup of salsa, about a TBS of shredded cheese (yes, reduced fat), about 1/4 cup of light sour cream (naughty, I know, I LOVE sour cream) and I crushed about 3 tortilla chips over the top. It was yum and it's 8:45 and I'm still full. Thought I'd share.

3 comments:

carrie said...

OK, I'm going to have to try this one!! I made one Monday night that wasn't so great, but all the others I've tried have been good. I like knowing the good ones beforehand. Heather gave me some good advice, too. The sloppy joe recipe is pretty yummy, too!!

Jenn said...

This one does look good!

Personally, I love his mom's enchiladas on p. 114, so that's my recommendation for the day. :)

Savage Family said...

Hey thanks for posting this one it sounds yummy and I like that it makes a lot left overs are great on the plan then you don't have to cook!!!