Sunday, April 6, 2008

Weekly Weigh-In

Well, I weighed myself today and it looks like I'm just holding steady. I have to admit I slacked off a little last week - I did all my workouts, but my eating wasn't as good as it can be. I didn't overeat too much, but I definitely wasn't eating six times a day or balancing my carbs and proteins as well as I could have.

Today's my free day (mmmmm.... fattening General Conference breakfast....), but starting tomorrow, I'm going to do a better job planning out my meals the day before. Do you guys all plan and track your daily menu/training on those pages in the back of the book and on the website? If so, do you feel like it makes a difference? I don't really like doing stuff like that, but if it helps, I'll get with it (it probably does - why else would it be in the book!).

How did everyone else do this week?

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Heather, holding steady is still GREAT! :) I didn't weigh myself this week. I didn't want to know. I have been having one bad week after another lately. You almost couldn't even tell I've been on BFL at all! LOL.

No, but seriously, when I use the spreadsheets, I do so much better! For the beginning part of this week, I was planning my meals ahead of time on the nutrition spreadsheet and it helped a lot. I just need to be consistent.

I print off a nutrition sheet on one side of the page and on the opposite side, I print the sheet for the workout I'm going to do that day, and I 3-hole punch it and stick it in a binder. That way I can glance back through previous days' sheets to get meal ideas for the future, and most helpful of all, I can go back through and see what I was doing with my workout the last few times. For instance, when I'm doing upper body, I can look back and see what size weights I was using for each exercise, and if it was too much or not enough, etc. and then adjust my workout for the next day based on that.

Sorry this got so long. :) Good luck this week! I'm going to really try hard to stay on track. I need to hang a big sign in my kitchen reminding me that I'm running a 5K in 6 days and I really need to prepare for it this week. :) Maybe that'll kick me into gear.

Lindsay said...

I don't keep track, maybe I should. I was not strict this week, I gained a pound :(

I am back on track today, I really want to lose the weight, but I LOVE food! Seriously I do, I love great food and LOTS of it at that!