Saturday, March 28, 2009

I joined the gym

I really had no intention of joining a gym. I'm pretty happy working out at home, and I like the freedom of just doing it on my own time. And I have most of the equipment I need to get pretty good workouts.

However, now that I've added swimming to my regimen, it costs $5 every time I want to swim at the Legacy Center. In other words, the $$$ are adding up fast. 'Cuz I don't have a pool in my basement. (DANG!)

So, when my dear, dear hubby went to renew his Gold's Gym pass, he got together a handful of guys at work to all go with him. By bringing them a bunch of business, he was able to negotiate a really good deal. It works out to $10 per month. And his company reimburses their employees for some of the money they spend on health/wellness, even if it's for family members. So, what the hay, right?? And this is for the VIP pass, which gives us up to 90 minutes per day of free day care for all of our kids.

Plus, the gym in A.F. is under new management, and they've upgraded everything. For instance, half the treadmills have a TV screen attached to them so you can watch your own show while you're running. Sweet! :)

And I get a one-hour session with the best personal trainer they have at the gym for free, along with some body testing and an individualized diet plan.

Um, hello. No brainer. :) So I'm looking over the info, and they have all these classes, and I'm getting so excited. I'd been planning to just use the gym for swimming a couple times a week to get my money's worth, and then do all my other workouts at home. But they have so much stuff, and I could hit the gym for an hour every day after I drop the kids off at school.

. . . Then again, I don't have to go work out. I could come home every day after I drop them off and lay around in my PJs that I didn't change out of before leaving the house and read my friends' blogs.... Hmm....

Anybody else have a Gold's Gym pass? Wanna meet me at the gym every one in a while for a Power Pump class or what-have-you?

:)

Oh, and a side note: I ran a 5K this morning. Yes, it was freezing. Pushing the buttons on my MP3 player hurt because my fingers were frozen solid. But I came in at 30:20. And I actually passed a few people. Wow, what a feeling!

Lindsay, am I gonna see you at the 5K in May? Anyone else???

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm bummed I missed the 5K saturday. I'm not sure about the May 5k - haven't heard about it, but I'm sure I'll be there with bells on!

Jenn Adams said...

They're doing one every month through September. They're all on the first Saturday of the month, except for May, which is the second Saturday.

He's also charging for the races now, too - you're supposed to bring a canned good to donate. :)