I just ran outside today instead of running on the treadmill. I wanted to push myself outside and see how fast I could do a mile. I'm going to run the neighborhood 5K tomorrow and I thought this would be a good exercise.
I love the treadmill for being able to plug in what speed I want to go and have the treadmill push me to keep up, but I also knew it held me back at the same time, when I would have gone faster if it wasn't still at the same speed.
So, I went on my run with a GPS watch, and I told myself I wouldn't let my speed drop below 6 mph, since that's the 10-min mile pace. So every time I glanced at it and saw that I was below 6, I'd push myself a little harder until it was back up there.
Honestly, I didn't think I'd be able to hold that pace out for the whole mile, but not only did I hold it, but I even had a little bit left in me to make a push the last .1 mile or so, and I was at about 7.5 mph when I "crossed the finish line".
So . . . drumroll, please . . . I did it in 9:26! I'm so proud of myself. :) We'll see what I can do the 5K in tomorrow. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment