Saturday, August 16, 2008

5K

I did it in about 35:50 or so. By my watch, it was 3.14, which is a little bit more than a 5K. I didn't feel totally right when I started out, though. I'm not sure what was wrong. I did just start a detox yesterday, and I felt like that might have been part of it. It's part of my excuse, in any case. :D I also had to stop and walk a couple of times because of a sideache.

I pushed myself to keep going for a long time. (Keep going to the corner. You can stop and walk once you get to the corner!) LOL. At one point, I had planned to stop and walk once I hit the 1/2 way mark, but that was where everyone was sitting, timing and cheering, so I pushed myself to go around to the next corner so everyone wouldn't see me stop and walk. :D But there's only so far I can push myself before I cry Uncle.

Anyway, my time still wasn't too bad. My first 5K last year was somewhere in the 43 minute range, and my best 5K was something like 32 minutes. So, I could have done better, but I've also done worse. :)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Good job!

I wanted to go out this morning but
I've run a total of about 20 miles this week and my shins are really angry with me, I thought I'd give them a rest.