I decided to shake things up a little bit today and push myself as hard as I can go for a short burst of time, instead of doing the same old 2 miles or 5K or whatever. So, I went to the park and marked off 100 Meters on the path, and did a few 100 meter dashes.
At the end of the 4th one, I felt everything kind of give out. I tried to rest and stretch and do a 5th, but I just didn't have it in me. So I ran another one at my regular 6-7 mph pace, and walked home.
My best time was 0:19:42 and my high speed for the day was 13.2 mph. I feel like, if I really push myself to the max every once in a while, it'll help me get faster. I was thinking about my 5K last week, and how much faster everyone else was than me. Pretty much the only people who came in behind me were some people who never run, who just came for the fun of it. That wouldn't have bothered me if it weren't for the fact that I've been trying so hard lately.
Maybe I'm just "not a runner," like I hear a lot of people say. But I'm not going to give up yet. I've only been doing this for a relatively short period of my life, so I'm going to keep on and see what I can do if I really push myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment