Sunday, January 18, 2009

It Feels Good!

I hit a goal yesterday that I've been working to achieve for a very long time. I ran 2 miles in 20 minutes. It felt so amazing! When I first got my treadmill almost two years ago, I would have to alternate between walking, jogging, jogging a little faster, and walking a little slower. LOL. After getting pneumonia, I was diagnosed with exercise-induced asthma in High School and had to give up the track team because I would just get too out of breath. My vision would start going black around the edges and I'd have to stop and walk.

So when I started doing BFL, I couldn't run very fast. I'd feel dead tired and ready to pass out running 1.4 miles in 20 minutes. Yesterday, when I ran 2 miles in the same amount of time, I had none of the problems I used to have with running. I just felt strong and powerful as I ran.

My next goal to achieve is to run a 5K in 30 minutes or less.I think I did about 32 on a run last year, but I haven't been close to that in a while. Now that I'm doing BFL seriously again, I'm getting stronger a lot faster.

I'm not quite as strong on the eating side of things, but I'm trying to get back on track with that. I lost 8 lbs in the month of December, which is pretty amazing considering the fact that I took a 10-day Christmas free day. :D I haven't really lost much since then, though. I need to get serious again.

No comments: