Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Don't Need To Lose Weight!

I don't know what I've been thinking. I thought I was overweight, but I was just looking at the pictures my husband took of me in Cabo San Lucas and I look so smokin' good! Take a look:




Okay, you got me. That's not a real picture. :D I did this up in Corel Photo-Paint as a motivational thing. Believe me, editing a picture like this and making it look even a little bit real is HARD! (Click on the pic to see a larger version and tell me I didn't do an awesome job! And that's the first time I've used that program! I've done some picture editing in Photoshop, but nothing like this.)

I've been listening to this self-hypnosis CD to try and curb the emotional eating - I used a self-hypnosis type program to have natural births and nurses, doctors, midwives, et. al. were in shock and awe at how easy my births were. So, I'm hoping this helps. It's seemed to be helping some already.

Anyway, one of the things he says it to visualize a picture of yourself looking fit and trim. "The New You." I have a terrible time visualizing things sometimes, so I thought if I could make an actual picture of myself looking the way I want to look, then I'd have something to visualize!

I'll report back on how it's working.

2 comments:

Stephanie F. said...

Wow! Awesome job on the photo Jennifer! Someone told me once that we aren't supposed to say "lose weight" because then we are losing something and we want to get it back. So good luck getting to your healthy and desired weight :)

Lindsay said...

You do look hot! I haven't been in the blog world for quite a while, but before I was forced to leave I made a comment on the last post that I too, was going to start again, and start I have! I've lost 10 lbs so far and still going strong!