My last post was titled "Take That!" Well, the universe just said, "Take That!" back to me!
On Monday, I was going on a ride with hubby up the Jordan River Trail, just minding my own business, when a mosquito flew in my mouth. I turned my head to spit it out and lost my concentration on the road for a split second. And that's all it took.
I landed at high speeds in the brush and bramble and rocks and dirt at the side of the trail. I was wearing a helmet, but I didn't hit my head, because Murphy's law is too smart for that. Instead, since it was the first time I rode my bike this season without a jacket on, I landed firmly on my arm.
Then my sweet little 6 year old followed her big brother's example and jumped off the swing two days later. She landed on her arm and ended up with a slight bend in her bone near the wrist and blood in her elbow joint. We're quite a pair, me in my huge-monguos bandage, and her in her sling.
So, almost a week later, I'm still in major pain, I have a bandage big enough to need an Ace bandage to hold it on, and I've been to the doctor 4 times. And I haven't been able to work out since! Argh!
It's especially frustrating because this is the last week of my second BFL challenge. And I've been depressed because of my arm and my inability to work out and my daughter's arm, that I've been comfort eating. Lame.
I need to get back in the game, and I need to do it pronto. I just don't know what I can do with this arm. The last thing I want to do is strain it and interrupt the healing process. But there's no reason I can't be eating healthy. *sigh*. I'll get right on that. :o)
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That suckes! I'm so sorry!
Post a Comment