Friday, July 25, 2008

The Key to Motivation

I think I've found one of the biggest keys to motivation, at least for me. It can be summed up in one word: Competition.

The first time I did BFL, I think one of the things that kept me on track so faithfully was the thought of entering the competition. I didn't want to be a slouch. I wanted to be the best. There was money at stake. And no matter how little I thought my chances were of winning, there was always that chance that I could win if I worked my booty off.

Well, for some reason that wasn't working for me this time, but just the other day, I decided to throw down the gauntlet. I challenged my husband to a BFL showdown. So now, even when he isn't following the plan, I don't have a desire to just give in and eat ice cream with him or whatever, because if I don't give in, I'm winning. :D

My pants haven't been fitting lately and I decided I really need to crack the whip. The thought of having to dig in the basement for a bigger size of pants killed me. (They're in the box with my maternity clothes, by the way. It's a psychological deterrent.)

So there you go. I'm determined to kick dear hubby's butt. :D We'll see what happens.